BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Update

Noelle is in a foster family situation in China and staff from the orphanage went to visit her in late November. They report that Noelle's lips are not as blue and that she has had no incidents involving her health. YEA!!!

I spoke to the agency today. I asked them to get updated measurments (the ones we have are from 2010) so we can see how well she is growing --the pediatric cardiologist who will perform open heart surgery on Noelle when we get her home would like this info, too. When she was 16 months old she was the size of a 6 month old--heart babies grow slower and tend to be quite a bit smaller than babies with a healthy heart.

God has been really good to us and many people have come forward to make sure Noelle has a family and gets her chance for a healthy heart. And I am SO grateful. I know His hand is upon us and that the remaining need will be met.

For my part, I have grown tremendously. I am able to rest in His peace, watch Him work miracles, and daily my faith grows stronger. I never would have been able to do this, even two months ago--remain peaceful when things went in unexpected directions and I had no clue how I would get my daughter home. Two months ago I was frantic. Today I know that "it is through Him that we have received grace. . .And this includes you, called of Jesus Christ and invited [as you are] to belong to Him." Romans 1:5,6

And to Him I give thanks.

0 comments: