BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend Fun

Yesterday, we went to the mall. I am not a fan of shopping unless it involves midnight hours and a mouse that clicks as opposed to squeaks:) Anyway, we ate at our favorite Chinese food restaurant, went to the movies (HOME) and got a little shopping done. JC Penny is one of the few stores that sells slim pants/shorts/capris with an adjustable waist (Ava is petite--that's the only word we're allowed to use;)). We also received a gift certificate for Bare Minerals (Thanks Tamara!). It was lipsticks for everyone. Lilah asked me several times if she could have the woman apply her color choice--there were a lot of ladies in on a Saturday and having makeovers, which fascinated her. Maddie and Ava weren't interested in doing this, which surprised me as all my girls are into make-up and makeovers but they were far too busy checking out all the eye color and lip color and making their purchase selections. Anyway, a few photos of this first:



I let her get a very sheer pink that's really more like a tinted chap stick. She loves it. Maddie and Ava chose brighter colors but the shades go so well with their skin tones and coloring. I'm pleased with their choices.

Also this weekend--I bought a Fitbit for myself.
I resisted at first. But I love it. It manages my goal for me (lose 22 lbs.), keeping track of my exercise, calorie intake, makes adjustments to how much I can eat according to my calorie intake, exercise output, and my goal, logs my water intake (a huge challenge for me as I don't like drinking water but the fact that I have to log it and get to watch my glasses fill up toward success--I'm a very visual person--works for me). It also keeps track of how many steps I take daily and that also adjusts how many calories I can eat. It also calls me a "champ" when I reach my activity level, footsteps (10,000) and cheers me on with a "hooray! when I meet but don't exceed my daily calories. It tells me how many more calories I can have throughout the day. This is day 2 of wearing it:)

0 comments: