BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 1, 2015

Weekly Round-Up

I have been sick with some kind of sinus-coughing-virus. For 10 days. I went to work everyday anyway, because Lilah will have surgery in June and she has pre-op appointments next week and I will have to miss work for those. And I brought the girls to the Y for their gymnastic and hip-hop classes and to the pool, because it's been so hot here--95 degrees right now. Otherwise, my mom has held down the fort. Thank you!

So what else has been going on?

We have entered the teen years in this house--not officially yet, as Maddie won't be 13 until July--but I felt "Christened" into the role as the mom of a teen on Wednesday when I arrived at Maddie's school to pick her up and noticed that she had adjusted the hem of her skirt. When I bought it for her, it was calf length. When I picked her up she had lifted the waist so high, the hem hit mid-thigh. Yeah. And she was wearing heels, too. Sigh. Standing next to her was her good friend whose skirt was also at half-mast. Also heels. When I spoke to Maddie about her attire she was like, this is the length all of us wear our skirts. Maybe I'm a little too conservative? Probably, but we're going to have to come to a compromise. Today, I picked her up and she was wearing flip flops and a skirt that hit her knees. Totally appropriate. I'm sure, though, that the testing has only begun.


A very tragic accident at our high school yesterday. One child killed another in critical condition and another responsible for it. The news vans--seven of them when I left for work at 6:00 this morning and six of them when I came home this afternoon--are piled up around the school. We are all wearing blue today.

Signed the youngest two girls up for swim classes--they start next week. Ava wants to swim without floaties by the time we go to Disneyland in August. I really think she'll get there.

Got Lilah to bed at 8:15 last night! A big accomplishment for us. She needs the sleep and if she's up too late she's on sensory overload and becomes a little aggressive and totally disconnects to where it's hard to reach her. So I'm trying to get her to bed by 8, read or play go-fish and then lights out. The problem is that she usually fights going to sleep (but sleeps so well once she is out). Swimming is helping, though, and I'm hoping to use these long months of summer to reset her internal sleep clock!

Pictures, I know. But I don't have any to share today--you know, cause I've been sick. We have lots going on this weekend, though, so stay tuned:)


0 comments: