It looks like I will leave for China either Saturday, May 12th or Saturday, May 19th.
My sister will drive me to the airport in Los Angeles at 6:30 am. I should check in at 9 am. My flight leaves at 12:55 pm. (Have to allow for traffic time in LA and security checkpoints in the airport).
I will arrive in Hong Kong on Sunday at 7 pm (the time change in China is 13 hours later). A guide service will meet me at the airport and drive me into mainland China, all the way to my hotel in Guangzhou. It will take about 2 1/2 hours.
My daughter will be brought to me Monday morning, and the race will begin.
A typical adoption stay in China is 10 - 16 days. We will have 5 business days to complete all paperwork.
On Saturday, the guide service will pick us up at our hotel at 6 am and drive us to the airport in Hong Kong. Our flight leaves around noon. We will arrive at LAX at 11:30 am Saturday (getting those 13 hours back).
It's possible, but not advisable, for us to leave Friday afternoon, which will get me back to my girls about 12 hours sooner. The risk is that Chun Ju's entry visa may not be ready.
The Garden Hotel. Also huge. The very good thing about staying here is that anything I might need during the week I can find within walking distance. There's a KFC and McDonald's on the same block, so I won't go hungry--maybe.


0 comments:
Post a Comment