So today's heading is somewhat humorous, but still very true.
The walk is always most difficult when God is on the threshold of promoting us. I have heard this many times, from a variety of people. I have read it in the Bible. I know it to be true and so I realized this morning that, following 8 months (and some who know me would even say years, possibly decades of challenges faced, feared and scaled) of a potted road, with sheer cliffs and darkened, hairpin turns, that I will soon step into the land of "milk and honey." That place where the promises of God are fulfilled.
When I haven't been distracted by the daunting and even taunting twisters that have come at me, I have had moments of stillness when I was awed by the movement of God in my life. I wait with anticipation, excited to see what He will do next.
Over the past few weeks the challenges have gained in momentum, have come from sources totally unexpected (the enemy is getting desperate) and I have faltered--but not for long.
The promises of God are for whomsoever will. And that's me (and you, too). He placed the promise in us, and it doesn't matter how many mistakes we have made, or how egregious we think those mistakes are--we have a forgiving God. Nor does it matter that somewhere along the way we gave up, sat down on the sidelines and watched life move along without us. Or if we gave into weaknesses. We are human. God knew all about us long before he breathed life into us. It's an amazing love, and it's for you and for me.
What long-forgotten passions lie in your heart? What call is at work right now in you? God is not One who should lie. You have promise--reach for it.
I keep feeling that in the next two weeks we will move deeper into God's abundance. So, check back here for an update--and expect to see God's Greatness at work in your lives, too.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
I Am Poised on the Edge of Greatness
Posted by Suzanne at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment