BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Wednesday Walk

So, I have been pretty open about what a difficult walk this last year has been. I have peace in some areas (this new adoption, especially), but not so much in other areas (Maddie's illness). And that's what I'd like to talk about today. Last Thursday, I was so excited because I felt we finally had a viable diagnosis for my big girl. What I learned at the doctor's visit yesterday, is that the diagnosis is into a family of medical possibilities. On the better end of the spectrum, is a genetic condition -- for which Maddie's symptoms are a good match -- that she will grow out of around age 10. On the bad end of the spectrum are things like lupus and leukemia. As you can imagine, the past 24 hours have been challenging. We have to wait until Maddie cycles back into fever, which should be around the 25th of this month as she just cycled out Sunday, in order to have a blood test that can eliminate the bad stuff. On top of this, it's very probable that we will leave for China to complete Noelle's adoption at the end of this month.

Please hold us in your prayers.

0 comments: