BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Random Thoughts from a Wild Week

Lot's has happened this week. All of it good, so I guess I could call this post, "Counting My Blessings."

On Thursday, Ava and all the kindergarten classes from her school came to my school for Dr. Suess Day. The 8th graders read to the K's for 40 minutes. My mom was class Nana that day and she came, too. I love it when my kids come over and see Mama at work, and they love it, too. It helps them understand what I do while they're at school.

That afternoon, we finally received a very probable diagnosis on Maddie's illness. This is a tremendous relief. She cycled back into fever that night and it stayed through this morning, broken by Motrin, but we're at 99.7 right now and that's an improvement. The greatest blessing here is that she will grow out of this around age 10 -- there's an end in sight.

Friday I received an e-mail from my adoption agency.

is coming home. And sooner than I thought possible.

It looks like we will travel the first week of April, which is spring break here. This means the girls will miss less school and I can use the time to be with Noelle, in addition to whatever sick leave I can scrape together. I may have to go back to work for a month before school breaks for the summer, but this all depends on when Noelle will have her surgery.

I have yet to tell her that her Aunt's iPod and cell phone won't be coming to China with us:)

And speaking of travel, I have started getting things together. I brought the luggage down from garage storage to clean it up and started washing and packing the things we will need while in-country.
I'm hoping Noelle will take a bottle from me before naps and bedtime, as this will help with bonding and, packed with rice cereal or instant breakfast, will help increase her weight. But I am bringing sippy cups as well.

I know other blessings transpired this past week and I can't wait to see what they are. In God's timing.

0 comments: